LEADERSHIP & COACHING
Leadership is needed to effectively cope with the growing complexity companies and people are facing. New rules of interaction inside organizations and between organizations and their clients and stakeholders have enormous consequences for the way organizations are led and structured. Homogeneous markets, client groups, cultures and behaviors have been replaced by multi contextual, fast changing environments.
In this complexity, cause-and-effect relations are not easily identified and often only become clear afterwards. For many organizations traditional management approaches no longer work or have to be adapted. The number of variables and interactions is such that trusted tools used to meet command and control challenges are more and more falling short in generating optimal performance. Co-creative approaches and management by values, empathy, judgment, the ability to connect and to coach are now needed more than ever.
(Leadership) coaching is a journey in which the coach travels together with the coachee, in relation to the development challenges he or she is facing. This journey leads to insight of what blockages interfere with authenticity and what energizes and vitalizes the authenticity of a person or a collective.
Coaching; synergizing the individual inner self with the corporate being, purpose and psyche
What drives our future return on investment? What drives our future profitability?
Every individual is unique. But at one point we are all equal: we have much more talent to offer than we are mostly aware of. Coaching can help develop those talents as related to a specific need as an organization or as a coachee and add value to future developments.
Coaching helps leaders to embody and incorporate the future corporate challenges and goals, today. We offer new insights, approaches and tools to, for example, increase a manager’s effectiveness, to aid retention (from the organization’s perspective), to give awareness to new opportunities, or to reflect on work-life balance. Or we offer coaching for the first 100 days in a new job, where it is important to maintain the favorable first impression and score quick results.
The coaching process empowers and inspires the coachee to:
- Continuously balancing and synergizing independence and interdependency
- Taking ownership and keeping independency without becoming disconnected from others and the context
- Understanding the natural process of personal and corporate growth
- Lead through uncertainties
- Breaking the cycles of failure thinking and acting
- Thinking the unthinkable by overcoming inner barriers, e.g. prisoner’s dilemmas that block you in leading yourself, leading with others, leading with your environment, etc.
Coaching leads to:
- Insight in personal attitude, energy and appearance and in the causes of current attitude and behavior
- Insight in personal pitfalls and complexities and offering skills to timely recognize the pitfalls
- Becoming conscious of the desired attitude and appearance in relation to roles and responsibilities
- Transforming dysfunctions into strengths instead of suppressing them